David M. Banta, D.D.S.
Dr. Banta was born in Birmingham, Alabama and grew up enjoying the Gulf of Mexico while living in Mobile, Alabama. He attended the University of South Alabama and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1977. He then completed his dental training at Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas earning his doctoral degree in 1981. Dr. Banta then completed a General Practice Residency specializing in pediatric hospital care at The Oklahoma Childrens Memorial Hospital in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He then completed a Fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Baylor College of Dentistry. He received his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Oklahoma, College of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in 1986.
Dr. Banta returned to Dallas, Texas and joined the practice of Doctors Robert D. Londeree and William E. Litle. In 1988, Dr. Banta earned the distinction of Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Banta is married and has four children. In addition to spending to time with his family, he also enjoys flying his new Cessna 182 Turbo plane. Dr. Banta is a licensed private pilot and participates in Angel Flight program. This program is a non-profit program that provides free air transportation for cancer and critically ill patients.
- University of South Alabama, B.S., 1977
- Baylor College of Dentistry, D.D.S., 1981
- Oklahoma Childrens Hospital, General Practice Residency, 1982
- Baylor College of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Fellowship, 1983
- University of Oklahoma, College of Medicine, Oral and Maxillofacial Residency, 1986
- License, Texas State Board of Dental Examiners, 1981
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1988
Organizations and Appointments:
- American Association of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- Dallas County Dental Society
- Delta Sigma Delta Dental Fraternity
- North Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Southwest Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Texas Dental Association
- The American College of Implantology
- The International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- The Implant Prosthetic Section of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Hospital Staff Appointments:
- Baylor University Medical Center
- Medical City Dallas
- Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- Surgery Center of the Southwest